Sunday 9 August 2009

Summer Project

So, we've been given a summer project, or at least the start of our project for 1st term. Another Identity project... as if we haven't had enough of those! Anyway, I figured I need to have an idea that will go somewhere. These projects are always about something personal or something you find interesting, and I can always think of things that inspire me and that I love, but when it comes to the practicality of making it into a project that I can lead into a final piece, that's when I struggle.
I've always been a big fan of architecture and I've done several projects on it in the past, so I thought I'd give it another shot, and there's plenty of towns and cities in my local area with brilliant architecture. I mean I've got Manchester, Liverpool, Southport, Blackpool etc...

I went to dubai again in June, 23rd - 28th to visit my sister, and it is quite unlike anything we have here. It is so urban, and the high rise buildings are quite impressive. Modern high rise buildings are the only kind of architecture in Dubai, and you wouldn't find so many high rise buildings clustered together anywhere in the UK so thought I could include some of these photos as its a very foreign kind of architecture.


The building on the right is my sister's block of apartments, I think it's a remarkable building.

This is a brilliant photo of the skyline of Dubai. With the Burg Dubai on the far left.

When I went to visit Rich on the 18th - 22nd July, we took a day trip into Birmingham, and I got some really lovely photos of the Bullring, and the Cathedral, and just the general architecture in the streets. I can use some of these for my project, even though I wasn't expecting to have photos from Birmingham.

This is the main street in between the two halves of the Bullring. I liked the skyline created here.

These are 2 photos of the Bullring that are my favourite. I got loads of photos, but I love these two!

I think this is my favourite picture, even though it isn't strictly architectural.

I have been to Liverpool to take some more photos, but I will upload some examples of these in my next blog. As for now, I should really get on with some drawings and what not!

No comments:

Post a Comment